Thursday, May 21, 2009

Integrity......

For all this time that I’ve been sincerely in love with the Psalms I must admit that until this morning I had NEVER read the 101st Psalm! I know.... unbelievable.... Well, it truly struck me, and I ended up simply turning it into a prayer and I will be trying to make this truth as the days go on.

Psa 101:1 A Psalm of David. I will sing of steadfast love and justice; to you, O LORD, I will make music.
Psa 101:2 I will ponder the way that is blameless. Oh when will you come to me? I will walk with integrity of heart within my house;
Psa 101:3 I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me.
Psa 101:4 A perverse heart shall be far from me; I will know nothing of evil.
Psa 101:5 Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly I will destroy. Whoever has a haughty look and an arrogant heart I will not endure.
Psa 101:6 I will look with favor on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me; he who walks in the way that is blameless shall minister to me.
Psa 101:7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.
Psa 101:8 Morning by morning I will destroy all the wicked in the land, cutting off all the evildoers from the city of the LORD.

Isn’t that amazing? I truly believe that this should be our prayer. In this day and age, we need people who would take a prayer like this, and truly take it to heart. May we be a generation of Godly young men and women who would strive for two things and two things only. God, and integrity. For with those two things, the rest will follow.

2 comments:

JbarJ Mom said...

that's cool justin!
I really needed that.......infact...i pretty much just need your whole blog. It's really cool.
By the way in case you're wondering the user name J-JMom is my mom's so sorry if you didn't recognize it!)

See ya later
Sarah Aldrich

JustinK said...

Thanks Sarah. I'm glad that what I'm saying is helping you. I know it helps me. It's nice to be able to just share what God is doing in my life. Because, we all know, life isn't easy.

Don't worry, I just looked down at the signature. (and smiled) :-)
Thanks for commenting.

-JK