Monday, May 11, 2009

Hear my cry......

Lord, be the defender and protector of my faith
Do not let me fall into temptation
Restore my soul

Allow me to follow you all the days of my life
Do not let me stumble
Lead me down the right path, to Your glory

I am but a filthy rag
Make me to be like that tree of the first Psalm
Planted by the rivers of water
Allow me to grow and flourish
Don’t let me die

I will trust in Your promise
I will follow Your truth
But Lord, I cannot do it on my own

Give me breath and life
Incline Your ear to me cry
Incline Your ear to my weeping

I am nothing without You
I am nothing without my Savior
Bring me to life...

2 comments:

quinton said...

Again, very awesome.. Personally I like rhyming my poems, but this is refreshingly different. All to say, i really like it. :) Very well written. God is so good. Glad to see Him moving in your life, Justin. :)

JustinK said...

Thanks Quin. Well, honestly, I wasn't even trying to rhyme. :) I just put it in the poetic format because... well... I wanted to. :) It's really just a prayer. Thanks for the encouragement. :)