Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Saving Grace




Yesterday afternoon I was shocked with the news that my little nephew Andrew had fallen out of his bouncy-chair and onto the floor. My brother and mom rushed to her place to see what happened and take the poor kid to the Dr and see if he needed to go to the Emergency Room. Upon arriving there the Dr. examined him and found that he had probably broken his nose, but that he would be alright in time. Precautions were made and my sister brought him back home.

After his appointment he looked pretty badly bruised. Last night he look pretty bruised but improving. I saw little Andrew this morning and he was grinning and happy and barely bruised at all. In fact, at first I couldn't see anything at all wrong with him! God had healed him quickly, miraculously.

This experience has taught me a couple things that I would like to share with you.

1) Prayer works. I sent out a facebook prayer request that was responded to by quite a few people. I was praying, my siblings and parents were praying. A lot of people were praying. I can tell by this traumatic situation that the prayers worked. People kept their cool, and the baby was brought home safe and sound.

2) God is watching over us. ALL of us. Even the little ones. God watches, protects, and keeps his children safe. Even when something horrible and life-threatening happens, God is there. 

3) God has a saving grace. We are just like my nephew. Children, babies, to God. We are His children. Just as He can pick up an infant and save him from harm, he can save us. He is willing to save us. He will do everything to take our heart and love us. We must simply choose to follow Him. If we do that, we can be just like Andrew. Saved from a dangerous world, saved from harm and brought into His saving grace.

God is ALWAYS good. And God is ALWAYS there.

Psalm 139: 7-18--
"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,' even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand — when I awake, I am still with you."

2 comments:

Hanna said...

Praise be to God for His immeasurable grace and mercy! And I'd just like to say that I'm proud of the kind of man you are becoming! You're parents can be proud too! And grateful to God for His grace in your life!

JustinK said...

Awe thanks Mrs. B! I appreciate your kind words. Glad to know you are on here reading my posts!

Thank you for your encouragement!