Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Welcome!

I am extremely eager to start this blog for many various reasons. The greatest of which is because I feel that there is a severe lack of Biblical “chit-chat” going on within the teen circle today. We are smart enough to debate, question, and think seriously about topics that are not normally spoken of in this day and age.

As I go to church, or hang out with friends there is I would truly say never the person in the crowd that says, “hey guys, let's talk about the death and resurrection of Christ!” It simply doesn't happen. It is for this reason that I feel strongly that with something as simple as a blog I can get together with my fellow young Christians and start talking about things that truly matter in the long run.

My posts will consists of thoughts about my devotions I have been having, thoughts that I come up with by simply reading the Bible, and thoughts from the church sermons. I intend to keep this blog purely for this purpose, and no other. Also, as time goes on I may think about having a few of my friends become co-authors with me so that we can deepen the talk that goes on.

Now, it may be obvious, or you may be wondering about first of all the “psalm24.blogspot.com” or the title of, “Who Shall Ascend”. Well, here's my grounding for this project:

Psalm 24:3-6 Who shall ascend the hill of the LORD? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully. He will receive blessing from the LORD and righteousness from the God of his salvation. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob. Selah

We must as young men and women in today's society start looking into what we were meant to do here on earth. We have lost our focus, we have lost our grounding and we have got to get it back! So, here we begin. I would greatly appreciate it if you would comment with your thoughts on my thoughts, whether you agree or don't agree. I am so excited about this and cannot wait to hear from you!

God bless you all and may your day be rich in the Lord!

-Justin

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome idea, Justin! I'll be sure to keep checking this blog.

I agree...in our culture, today, even among Christians, there is a great lack of deep discussions and meaniful conversations. Seems like the weather has been getting more attention in the past few decades then ever before. :)

Hopefully this blog will be a start to change that. And even more than that, I hope that this idea of discussing theology and sharing what we've been learning in the Scriptures carries over into our daily conversations.

Keep pressing hard after Him,
Lauren

JustinK said...

Wow! I Wasn't expecting to receive a reply so quickly! How exciting! I'm glad you like this idea, I do hope, and even pray that others will catch onto this too. I don't mean to be a world-wide known teen blogger, I just want to start something knew that we can all join in and have some good, clean fun, and make it more enjoyable to talk about God than to talk about the latest movie that's come out. Thank you for your support!
-Justin

Joelle said...

I am very proud of you Justin, and I think this is a great idea. It can be hard to remember to keep at least part of your daily conversations about God. I am looking forward to reading more and practicing bringing this idea into daily life.
I was reading not long ago about the last great awakening in America with Jonathan Edwards (and others) and how people were so spiritually alive at the time that people on the streets would be talking of Christ and the Bible. Would that not be amazing if it happened again?
good thought Justin. see you tomorrow.

JustinK said...

Well, I'm glad to do it. I just hope that it touches people and allows them to strengthen their faith. Do comment on my latest post! I'd love to get some talk going about what I have said.
Thank you for the compliments.
-Justin